Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lazy January


I haven't felt much like posting lately, but I have been knitting. I am up to row 105 on the International shawl and a bit more than halfway finished with the doily afghan. Afghan doily? Doifghan? Afly?


Harry has been mostly sleeping off a bad hangover for the past week, so I have nothing to report on his eggs.

Our gunsmith has been too ill to do anything with the needles I gave him several months ago. We decided to give knitting needle surgery a whirl, so we ordered a variety of tiny drills and a miniature drill press outfit. So far, we have read the manual, admired the teensy drill bits, and set up the drill press. We haven't quite gotten up the courage to turn the sucker on yet, but I figure in a week or so we'll be drilling and filling like pros. Or I will have a truly remarkable set of mutilated needles. I'll keep you posted.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles.
(Bad pun, I know) ;)

fluffbuff said...

That's a lot of knitting considering that those rows are getting longer and longer.

Good luck with the needles! Keep us posted.

Laritza said...

Beauties! I knit the one on the second picture. I love it. Mine is DMC cotton. What are you using for it?

Dave said...

Oh, a flower thingy. And a doikey (doily blankey). And a week-long hangover. You have *all* the fun stuff at your house.

Lacefreak said...

So beautiful! I have to go a bit further so I can get a picture of mine. Go check out my blog, I gave you one of those award things :-)

madonnaearth said...

Fleegle, those are gorgeous! Love your picture taking skills.

Judith said...

oooooohhhhhhhhhhh, purty!! Doighan?

Courtney said...

Very pretty :-)

Anonymous said...

doifghan.
definitely.

z's momma said...

I'm thinking doiket.

I need a hole in my needles...please? pretty please?

LittleBerry said...

Know what you mean about not posting but knitting.... you look like you've been industrious I love the "doifghan" and the International Shawl looks intriguing....

You made my day by posting....

BTW Just because I'm practising my crocheting doesn't mean you have to wait until next year, although I suspect you're already proficient at it!!!

mel said...

*Sigh* Those lace shots are positively stunning. What a nice visual for a cloudy morning :)

Knit Witch said...

Wow - those are beautiful!!!!

BadCatDesigns said...

So how many rows does The International Shawl have? I am pacing you...

Keep us posted on those needles!

Opal said...

Ha! Doifghan! I love it. It's just fun to say. :)

Carol said...

Doifghan???? Did you create a word? Not that I mind....it makes me giggle. Doifghan, doifghan,,,,*runs away giggling madly*

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to be lazy! Is the shawl navy blue? Can't wait to see all of it!

Anonymous said...

Please consider moving to Seattle. :)

Romi said...

:drool: Gorgeous!!!

Operakatz said...

Doifghan....bwah!! :D