Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cool Greens

It's so hot and humid here that Harry has taken refuge in the refrigerator crisper and won't come out except to bulk up his stash (the laptop won't fit in the drawer). I guess being surrounded by lettuce 24/7 has an environmental effect, because when I opened his packages, this is what I found:


On top is a cone of laceweight cashmere/lurex from Colourmart destined, I'm told, for Triinu's Shawl. The huge skein of fuzz is Artyarn's Kid Mohair/Silk (cheap from Little Knits) is for the Bee shawl. And the three little skeins on top of the fuzz are Suri Silk, from Ocean Wind Knits, via Wool Girl. No specific project in mind for this last.

Do not go to Wool Girl if you are on a stash diet. On second thought, don't go to any of these places if you are on a stash diet.

I truly dread the thought that Harry might move to the sandwich section of the refrigerator. I really do not want to open a package and view yarn in the color of liverwurst.

And it's really annoying to open the fridge and be subjected to Guns 'N" Roses karaoke. (Thanks for the CD, Kyoko-san!)

16 comments:

CrazyFiberLady said...

LOL. Nice stash acquisitions by Harry! Excellent choices.

Janice in GA said...

Oh, I do so love cool greens like that.

/drools/

Opal said...

Gorgeous stash additions. Thanks for the warning too! I'm being a good girl and I'm *not clicking*. No sirree bob. Not me. Not this time. ;-)

Iris G said...

Oh no, it was too late when I saw "don't go..."
But they look so cool together, almost like an iceberg salad!

Experimental Knitter said...

Love those cool greens. My watermelon pin would look good against those, too.
I'm not an *ahem* small person, but both daughters are. The red lace stuff is for the svelte, imho.
For the VK toque, one could pin the pompoms in one place, or just ruche the thing and forego the pompoms altogether. I'm lousy at making pompoms; if I do make the toque, I'll think of something else to put there. Like maybe one of Nicki Epstein's flowers! I feel so liberated now that I can knit in the round.

Anonymous said...

So,how much of a commission are you getting for this?

I do not need mohair, I do not need mohair , I do not need mohair...

Lacefreak said...

Looking at your beautiful stash additions is almost as good as having more yarn of my own. Beautiful fiber fix! You bit the bullet and bought the shawl pattern I surmise. I have to go knit edging now. Howl!

LittleBerry said...

what a lovely claming photograph to look at.... I love fresh greens ...littleberry sighs.....

Monika said...

How on earth can so many different places have the same colorways??? IT's exactly the color I was thinking about the last week or so. I'm on a yarn diet. :o(

missalicefaye said...

nice.... that cashmere/lurex looks fun. off to go click on all of these links! :)

BadCatDesigns said...

Harry and I share yarn taste. I love those greens...

June said...

No stinkin' stash diet here!! I just ordered from Crecent Shops - thanks so much for the information! (I think!)

I love the greens you are using and can't wait to see your progress if it ever cools off, huh?

June said...

I ordered color 106 and if that wasn't in stock then color 108. I'm partial to reds too! I would e-mail you directly but I don't know your e-mail address!

Knitting Therapy said...

Thank you for posting the information about the Yahoo group for Triinu's Shawl. I had seen it on someone's blog and have been wanting to find the pattern but there was a slight language barrier.

miyamojo said...

Yay! Cheeto is still with you!
You think the green colors could be a result of the wasabi kasu airport incident?! ;)
My friend called up Little Knits last year and told them she was coming over, so open up the doors... I'm glad I wasn't with her!
m :)

Courtney said...

I love the greens :-)