Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Oh Baby!

I feel like running far away from serious stuff like intricate black lace today, so I present something silly and cute in the baby clothing line:




This pattern is from the wonderful book by Melissa Matthay: Knitting Patterns by Melissa: Volume One: Babies to Toddlers.


It's not actually a book, it's a set of patterns printed on heavy cardstock, so you can pop the one you are working into your knitting bag and not have to carry around the entire packet.

Being a total sap when it comes to frogs, I fully intend to knit this delicious little item the next time I run across some Kermit green yarn:



And who could resist this little number:



Her designs are all darling, and she has volumes for various age groups. Not exactly the Spider Queen, but that's the entire point of this post!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm into baby clothing these days. Thanks for showing these fun ideas.

AR said...

Those are so cute!

Lacefreak said...

Very cute! I have some nephews and neices having their own babies now. I think I'll check out these patterns for them!

Sarah said...

The Froggie is so cute! I've been trying to think of a cute motif for a green and white baby hat...thanks for the inspiration!

Big Alice said...

Oh, that jacket is really cute! I don't seem much multicolor knit clothing that isn't intarsia or stranded. Guess I like my stripes.