Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ninjin: The Killer Rabbit

Fleegle is out sick again this week--felled by a nasty broccoli bronchial infection. Fortunately for my faithful readers, I don't have any broccoli bronchi, so I offered to fill in. I am so thoughtful, considerate, brave, trustworthy, loyal, friendly courteous, helpful, friendly, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent!

I've been resting on my laurels since my last fantastic creation (Lavori #5, page 14)... well, actually, I've been resting on my waterbed...but you get the idea that I am resting.

Anyway, since fleegle is currently incapable of decided which part of a dpn is the working end, I thought I would introduce you to the newest member of the household:


As you can see, Ninjin (carrots, in Japanese) is fairly fearsome. The other day I pointed him at a fruit fly in the kitchen and the next thing you know, he cuddled the buzzy little irritant to death. Ninjin will be on his way to Japan soon, where he will become the Chief Enforcer in Tonya-san's household.

Bon Voyage, Ninjin!*

And folks, keep those cards and letters coming!

*This pattern can be found on page 8 of Ondori Organic Cotton Knitting, ISBN 978-4-277-17190-8. I think it's out of print, because I can't find it anywhere. The yarn used was Classic Elite Yarns Premiere, one skein of lavender with bits of purple and orange for the eyes, nose, and tail.

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww, that is super cute!

Lacefreak said...

Bunny indeed has all the virtues! I hope you start feeling better soon. I know Roy,and maybe even Harry are taking good care of you. Lots of fluids and lots of good drugs! Get well soon!

Dave said...

Awww, too cute, and I love the name - that's hilarious!

Harry, get off your laurels and make some chicken soup for Fleegle so she can feel better soon.

Suzann said...

You had better be taking good care of Fleegle or it is rabbit stew for you.
Hope you are feeling better soon

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

I was about to write that you were so mean showing us the cutest rabbit and then telling us that the book is out of print.
HOWEVER I just may have scored one. When it gets here I will see if the pattern is in it. Organic Cotton by Ondori.
I will do mine completely in angora bunny wool. Then Ninjin and the new buns can meet and share stories.

z's momma said...

Love it!

yarnlot said...

Ninjin does not seem very ferocious, for me he is a Fairy Rabbit because he is looking so dreamy...
And tell Harry to chase the bugs out of the house as all nice spiders do.

Carol said...

That is adorable! It's times like this I wish I had a friend with a kid in the right age group so I had an excuse to make this. But I don't. so I will swoon. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Well it is always a treat to see something new on your site. I understand you have had a rough year from the looks of it and you are in need of the weird humour of the 'little friends' or 'little fiends'.

Hope you feel well soon.

Eleanor from Canada

BadCatDesigns said...

Bon Voyage little Ninjin! Your handwork (x8) is lovely as ever. Please give my best to Fleegle. I expect you will be making her tea with honey?

Opal said...

What a sweet bunny! Feel better soon Fleegle!

LittleBerry said...

I hope fleegle is feeling better soon... just make sure you look after her well and let her have her own way for once...

Carol said...

Hope you feel better soon. I thought about you as I read Joseph Mallozzi's blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/). He's visiting Japan. It reminded me of how much you enjoyed your visits there.