Monday, March 26, 2007

A Reply to Lori, et. al. at the NSA

Hi guys!

Thanks for the compliments on my dress and hair. Here's a picture to satisfy your curiosity about my anniversary present:



The next time you do a satellite flyover, you can peer inside the packages and maybe let me know what's there! All I know is that Roy called Little Knits, gave them a credit card number, and told them to put together a basket of lace yarn. What a lovely gift!

I will, of course, post a picture of the wrapless contents as soon as I tear off the paper later today.

Ah, the sheep is not part of the gift. I made it years ago when the president of the company I was working for bemoaned the fact that there was a shortage of 2K RAM. So I went home and made one. You can see the little green K's sticking out of the sheep's mouth.

And for those who are baffled about the reference to the NSA, go read the comments to my previous blog entry. They are everywhere!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop fiddling with the joins on your needles. We could use that money elsewhere. How is Roy's knee? Still giving him trouble after all these years?

lori said...

The one with the smooshed red bow...to die for!! That was quite some "present" you gave Roy this morning! (The things I do for Uncle Sam) And anonymous? Check your e-mail...visual proof that Roy's knee is doing fine. That time he spent in Asia served him well.

Mama Cat said...

Um, it's getting weird around here. The NSA, they sure are everywhere. Whoda thunk they'd find a knitting blog all that important to the national security interests ... but I guess the discussion of 8X needles convinced them that there's a subversive element of some sort here.

Fleegle .... Happy Anniversary and Happy B-day to the man with the great anniversary gift ideas! I hope you both have a great day.

Lacefreak said...

What a wondeful, thoughtful gift! Happy Anniversary!

fleegle said...

Hey Lori and gang--Roy is upstairs lining the attic roof with tin foil (good thing his knee is better). And we found the bug you guys buried in that lime-green acrylic, figuring I would never, ever use it. Laptop found the videocam you embedded in her collar, too.

Big Alice said...

Happy Anniversary :)
You sure hit the mother lode! Have fun opening your presents

Anonymous said...

ACH! Feh-lee-gle. Zey have tell me zat you have choose to boldly display, some have even say "flaunt," Ze Ram. I have tell them zis cannot be so but now I have seen zis wiz mine own eye. You are a courageous woman. Many good wizhes, #00978
P.S. If zings, zey do not go so well wiz your superiors, I may have Ze Dragone Shawl, yes?
P.P.S. Tell frau Laptop zere will be no more tuna fishes for her.

fleegle said...

Both the NSA and the Russians appear to be after me, so if you don't see another posting soon, you'll know that I have motored off to a hidden location with my stash, but without any Internet.

Batty said...

Happy anniversary! That's a very thoughtful gift. Maybe you can use ground penetrating radar to figure out what's in those packages?

Anonymous said...

Haa! 2K RAM! You crack me up!