Monday, June 24, 2013

Paradox-Absorbing Crumple Zones

Yes, I know this is a knitting blog. But every so often I read something that causes my already overtaxed neurons to burst into flame. We all need to study the quote below. Please put down your drinkable before reading.

At a press conference to discuss the accusations, an N.S.A. spokesman surprised observers by announcing the spying charges against Mr. Snowden with a totally straight face.

“These charges send a clear message,” the spokesman said. “In the United States, you can’t spy on people.”

Clearly, something happens to brains when they remain too long in the Washington area. They no longer recognize cognitive dissonance, rather, they accept this state of cogitation as the norm.

Next post, I promise to show you two adorable hats. Really!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've read so many jaw-droppingly idiotic statements from U.S. government officials, elected and otherwise, that it's hard to keep up with the flow of bs coming out of Washington.

Rob Knits said...

Oh that's hilarious. That is Monty Python levels of double-speak and double-think. That is gobsmacking.

Anonymous said...

The irony will be complete if Snowden ends up in Cuba with the Obama administration railing against those who go to Cuba to avoid court trials.

daywoods2 said...

I wish I could say that I was shocked or even surprised, but I can't. We're lucky to have knitting for stress relief!

Laurie said...

This is so sad, so Orwellian. Thanks for highlighting it, though.

Anonymous said...

It's Orwell and Kafka in one. You cannot let americans spy on americans in america. So you spy on European friends. Politicians are 'shocked'. Haha. Mr. Snowden deserves a big prize (and praise) for his actions! And I am looking forward to your hats....

Kate said...

Just found you from Spin-Off magazine. You are a hoot! I totally agree with this post - it's all been beyond belief!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.